Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back Home

Back home after a very long plane ride from New York. Went to see J at Ascend Physiotherapy for treatment on my left quad - this seems to be an issue with the femoral nerve - this explains the fact that the soreness seems to travel around the upper leg and caused the knee to buckle a few times through the marathon. It's probably caused by an inflamed TFL and muscle around the knee which were excruciating when J put the elbow in... My recovery has been pretty good considering the evening of and day after I couldn't really put any weight on the left leg, and I seem to have escaped the plane trip without further aggravation. It's helpful that the return journey is a few hours shorter..

Looking forward to getting back to running, probably Monday. I am resolved to racing Rottnest now to try to redress the failings at Boston. Hopefully the running out of fuel limited the damage to the endocrine system and I won't take as long to recover as I did from Perth.

Stay tuned for more exciting installments in the sequel to this saga - The Ride to Rottnest !

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

look forward to the next exciting episode!