Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Night at the WAAS

Going to WAAS tonight for a track 5k at the Interclub meet. Looking forward to seeing how I go on the new track ; I'm quite excited at the prospect of testing myself against the young guns which is a good sign. I know I'm not 100% but hopefully I'll put in a good showing. It's going to be tough though ; the race starts at 8:40pm - usually at this time I'm brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed!

Thursday morning was pleasantly cool (18°) for a change, and I had the extra challenge of pushing Bailey Coates around the Mends St bridges in a running pram ; it's not a great deal of extra effort except for the uphill bits. Ran with Sas and Becks (who I think scored a new PB for the circuit) - 9.59km @4:42 HR144.

Friday morning just did a gentle 6km @4:39 HR 142 in preparation for the race at the stadium later.

Update: Just heard that Courtney Carter will be running tonight.... new goal is not to be lapped twice!

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

Good luck tonight. Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday for a recap.

PS - I saw Courtney out training the other day- he looks in very good shape ...