Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good weekend

On Saturday ran the Darlington Half course in fairly nice conditions ; pace was 4:36 HR150, so a good strong run. Felt fairly good but pretty tired doing the drills on the cricket oval. Very pleasant run, though.

On Sunday went down to Matlida Bay to do the Christchurch 5k with the club. Conditions were a little warm in the sun with very light winds ; about as good as you get at this time of year. We had gone to Somerville open air movie the night before so hadn't had what I would call a full night's sleep so felt a little tired still. Did a fairly good warmup and had a chat with a few of the usual suspects loitering about the place, including Epi who has a few tough decisions to make regarding his knee ; hope it all works out for you. I reckon you recover well so hopefully recovery from this will be quick.

This isn't a PB course but I was happy with a decent solid pace run, finishing 3rd in 17:36.  I could have run harder, but didn't feel the need as my placing was solid (the winner was ~40 sec ahead at the finish )from 2k in and no PB was in the offing - I just wanted a decent hitout today and got that, with a slightly harder than tempo effort. I think my running is delicately balanced at the moment, and I don't want to fall into a hole at this point, and happy to claim a shiny bronze medal - much shinier than last years (I guess the WAMC have a new batch in)!

Splits were 3:25/3:37/3:32/3:33/3:28 ; no finishing burst or anything - 2k split is slow because of the fairly steep climb up to Birdwood parade.

Monday morning we ran from King's Park along Mounts Bay to UWA and up the western perimeter path for a change - 9.91km @ 4:44 HR138. Absolutely beautiful conditions today - 15° 67% SSE11/17 - and the air felt really fresh - the best I've felt in a while. Hopefully a corner has been turned...

1 comment:

Clown said...

Another great run on a tough course, well done.