Thursday, February 4, 2010

Relays

The running's been as usual; ; intervals on Tuesday, a good hard session with 2z400; 60sec SR ; 800 ; 2min SR ; 1200 ; 3min Sr; 800 ; 2min SR ; 2x400 w/60sec SR ; followed by 5x80m sprints. Felt like I was going well tonight, esp. given the very strong gusty winds.

Wednesday did the 10.5km loop from E.Perth @4:42 HR 139 and Thursday did the 9.59km Mends St Perth Bridges loop @ 4:38 HR 142. Felt very comfortable on both.

Thursday evening I'm doing a leg of the 4x100 at Coker Park with 'three good runners looking for a competent 4th'. Last time I did a relay I think I was 12. Don't drop the baton, don't drop the baton, don't drop the baton....

On Friday night I'm going to have a go at the 3000m at the WAAS against the guns. It's the first event, so hopefully it won't be too late starting. I'm not good at running at midnight !

Also, I was asked by Gina GC to run in the Wheeler-Freeman mile relay (in a team of 3) at the UWA Big 6 meet next Thursday. That should be fun .... and good spectating because they apparantly have the top 6 male and female athletes from the state competing in 5 events.

http://www.uwaac.com/

2 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Good luck tonight. Hope you can set a PB in such good company.

trailblazer777 said...

on fire! In hot demand everywhere by the sounds. should be interesting doing a 4x100m! Maybe I'll sign up to run track again some day, but I'd have to get a lot better first to reduce the size of the thrashing i would get from the young guns...all the best with Pt Walter on the weekend...might try and get there, since its south of the river. Go for it!