Monday, February 8, 2010

Results

Relays were great fun, although with a few no-shows I wasn't sure if i'd even be running. Ended up running in an M40 team, even though we only had 1 M40 runner ; we did a decent time 53.6 and I'm sure we lost a ton in baton changes ; nearly disqualified by Kim but managed to handover about 20cm from the end of the box as my runner took off too early.

I did the 1000m after that in a comfortable 3:00, holding back because of the 3000m on Friday, and helped out with the timing in the 3k and saw Kim notch an excellent 20 second PB!

Friday at WAAS was a bit better organised than the meet on the 22nd. They split the race into boys and girls heats, but we still started at the advertised 6:30pm. Marc See and Courtney Carter had a good race which Marc won in 8:18, Courtney finishing in 8:24 - I felt a bit flat but OK ; never really got into a nice comfortable stride, but still finished in 9:40. The start was crowded with 29 runners, and there was at least one guy who went down (who I narrowly avoided) - it was fast start as well.. First k in 3:08 (and I was pretty far back!), second in 3:15, and the last in 3:17. Happy to say I overtook a few folks to finish halfway up the field, and wasn't overtaken. Next (and last!) 3000m at WAAS is on march 5 which I hope to get too... hopefully then hold on to the pace a bit better.

Saturday did an easy 19.2 in Darlington @ 4:46 HR 145 ; 5:30 start was waaaay too early (alarm at 4:10!) and didn't feel remotely normal until about 7k into the run. Spent the rest of the weekend recovering from the early start ; never again!

Nothing Sunday  - except Zoe's Bernese picnic at the beach in S Freo  in the morning ; and excellent '6 characters in search of an author' production at the Octagon in  the afternoon. The kind of tight, entertaining  theatre production I haven't seen in a while.

Monday did the 10k from KP @4:32 HR 146 on Monday morning ; enjoyed the conditions this morning and actually felt quite good which is a bit of a (happy) change. I just can't pick when I'm going to have a good day - its very strange.

No comments: