Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Semi-Taper

Since my last post, the highlight was definitely the long run on Saturday.  33km @ 4:13 HR 151. Run at 3hr marathon pace for first 26km and kicked it up to 3:58 for the last 7.5km ; I felt stronger as the run went on. 2 Gus, one at 15 the next at 26, beautiful wind-free conditions.

Sunday went to the Million Paws walk and did a recovery afterwards ; 8km of walking is not fun on my joints, I needed the recovery to loosen up - 6km @4:36 HR 135. Monday was the standard 11km from King's Park down to Mounts Bay Rd and back up the western side. Bloody cold. 11km @4:11 HR 152.

Tuesday did a 6x1km session on the freeway bike path, averaging 3:13 for the reps, with an equal jog recovery - with a 3km warmup and cooldown I get about 15.5km in just over an hour. Good session, but tough.

Wednesday I cut my usual mid-week longer run down to 10km in preparation for the Run for a Reason on Sunday. Mona session tomorrow, and then two recoveries Fri/Sat with some run thrus. My weekly kms have been high, so this is a good opportunity to cut back, strengthen and hopefully have a good race. Pacing will be everything, and is usually my downfall. First few kms I'll be treating as a tempo run and will take it from there.

PS. The blog has become a little secondary, as I post my training on Strands, and is much more detailed, so the updates aren't as frequent here.

No comments: