Monday, March 7, 2011

Back in the game

It's been a while ; 4 months!! Last night I finally felt ready to step out in a race again to test the water. My recovery feels like it has taken for ever, and Perth's hottest summer (both in terms of daytime and overnight temperatures) on record certainly hasn't helped.

I have a few new training buddies who have helped tremendously with confidence and helping me get through tough runs. So thanks to Steve, Mark, Simon, David and Liam. Thanks also to those who have had to put up with my bleating..

Last weekends Monaghetti camp was fantastic and another thing that has given me a good kick in the backside.

I ran the Swan 5km Twilight run expecting nothing but hoping to get under 17:30. I've been going to intervals for about 5 weeks now and feel like I have started to lose the rust and my legs are going well again. I lost the front pack within 800m and was running solo for the rest - they never really got out of sight though, and I could hardly believe it when I crossed the line with the clock on 17:03. A big confidence boost...

Onwards... a 3000m TT at Coker Park this Thursday will give me a second look at my physical state, and I won't have done a very hilly 27km the day before this one.

Darlington HM on Sunday, not expecting anything, but secretly ( oops ) hoping around 1:20. Lots of hills on a very challenging course.. most of my training buddies are doing it so I'll go along and see what happens.

2 comments:

DB on the run said...

about time you blogged!
see you at darlington

Ryan Baugh said...

Its been awhile Dave. see you at Darlington too