Sunday, March 13, 2011

Darlington HM - 1:18:19

It was lovely and cool this morning, although we could have done without the easterly pushing up that hill.

I felt great at the start and held with the pack easily up the hill, but the push around the school in the new loop sorted me out. And the front boys pulled ahead a bit. I then caught up with Mr Stockwell and I was feeling pretty comfortable so kept with him for a while up the hill. At about 9km he went up a gear and that was that. I was trying to run on effort, and maybe backed off a bit too much, but I suspect it was just lack of stamina.


         Time    Split Time Split Pace
5k     18:57      18:57       3:47
10k   38:26      19:29       3:53
11k   42:06      3:40         3:40
18k 1:07:24     25:18       3:36
HM 1:18:19     10:56       3:31

I really felt my lack of tempo conditioning, and didn't feel comfortable after that point. It was a struggle to maintain the effort. It's not a whinge, it's actually good to know that those tempo runs are good for something :-)

Props to Gerry Hill for winning, Liam (PB), Scott (PB), Stephen (for crushing me once again), Ryan(PB), Kev (PB), Biscuitman (PB), Epi (PB) and Makkas for some great running today. PB central....

2 comments:

Biscuitman said...

great run - you should be very pleased with that. You look pretty comfortable in the photo. Who took that one?

DC64 said...

Thanks, I'm stoked with how it went this morning. You must be pretty chuffed yourself! Andre Bartels took the photo (which lies BTW), I don't know if you has any others...