Saturday, September 19, 2009

Darlington Long Run

Friday ran the Pt Majestic hill loop with Sas (9.5km @4:32 HR 152 Ca84 690 bpk ). The wind was strong and into our faces for the outward stretch and we were both feeling a little fatigues so this was a tough effort.

Saturday I dragged Sas up Darlington Road, through JF park up Oxley, Hedges, Brooking Rds, then back down to darlington on the trail. A tough run but very enjoyable indeed. It has three major hills and a total of 350m of ascent. Conditions were cool and no wind and there were kangaroos and parrots aplenty. 20.42km @ 4:43 HR 148 Ca 84, 697bpk. I felt stronger today on the hills and not nearly as shagged when we finished as I have the last two weeks. Stunning run.

Running the Freo 5k tomorrow, hopefully I'll feel good and do a decent time, but I'm not too worried about it, it's been a pretty good week training-wise, with the main goal being the 10k at the Freo fun run in a couple of weeks, looking to go sub-35. Saying that, I'll be disappointed not to go sub-17 tomorrow, hopefully there'll be some strong runners in the field ; there seem to have been of late in the 5ks.

No comments: