Thursday, September 17, 2009

The week so far...

Ran fairly easy this week except for intervals, and I added an extra run on Thursday morning because I just felt I'm not really working hard enough.

Monday ran a loop of King's Park nice and easy ; beautiful conditions. 8.44km @ 4:32 HR143 Ca84 Ascent 100, 649bpk.

Tuesday did the WAMC interval session with JK's group. Interesting because we were a test group for the new timing system they are using for the Melbourne Marathon. The RFID chip is on the back of the number and is registered when you run over the starting mat. There'll be  a lot of thankful marathon runners not having to extricate a timing chip from their shoelaces... I overheard that they will be gunning for the Perth C2S as well which would be great. 7 x 2 minutes of effort with 1:45 recovery. I covered about 650 per block with another 20 metres for the last one, and I felt good running pretty hard.

Wednesday morning just did 9.5km recovery at 4:41 HR 144 Ca84, 40m ascent., 674bpk. Felt a little stiff from the previous evening's effort but loosened up quickly on a lovely morning.

Thursday I went up to Mends street where Kim runs with her gang, and I decided to run at the last minute. Ran it in my McMillan 'easy' range (4:11 to 4:38) - there was a bit of wind which made the outward run to the Causeway not as easy as it should have been but felt comfortable and held myself back a little so as not to totally blow the session at Coker tonight. 9.59km @ 4:15 HR158 Ca86 671bpk. Made a change for a non-race run to be in the 150's...

No comments: