Thursday, October 8, 2009

Coker 3000m/800m

Wasn't sure how things were going to turn out tonight after the bad run on the weekend, feeling allergy ridden and a (mentally) tough workday, but I guess we can just never predict these things. Conditions were warm with a fairly stiff breeze up the home straight so the pace was a bit up and down on a lap by lap basis, but that's OK. I realised (well, I realised this on Sunday!) the advantage of the track is that you only have to put up with a headwind for 100m before it becomes a tailwind. I know you don't get an even return, but psychologically its a bit easier to deal with. The upshot is, I had a good night and a 3k PB. I didn't wear the HR belt, as I wanted to race tonight and I think it restricts breathing a little. No competition tonight, which is a shame -I saw Michael M. at the track while I was running but the traffic was a bear and he obviously missed the start.

36.9/78.4/78.2/78.8/78.4/77.3/77.7/73.6 = 9:39.5 (km splits 3:13.5/3:16.6/3:09.4)



Also ran the 800m about 30 minutes later, competition was a little bit light, and I felt like the legs weren't quite over the 3k yet. First time I've run an 800m so another PB! I thought I'd run the second lap quicker than the first; I was right but only by .3s ! Goes to show, I still need to work on that leg speed.

70.5/70.2 = 2:20.7

No comments: