Monday, October 5, 2009

Freo Fun Run 10K

Just ran 5k on Saturday from King's Park as a leg freshener ; my legs felt pretty heavy and uninterested, but I just put that down to it being a taper style run.

On Sunday, the legs didn't really feel any better and it was a struggle to get them moving. I just felt heavy and unresponsive and tired from very early on. I usually feel fresher in a 3k or 5k at a similar stage moving at a quicker pace. It was fairly warm, and there was a bit of wind (SE19/26) to deal with in the middle 2.5km of the course ; it's a two lapper (map). Just not a good day. That said though somehow I still managed to come third in a pretty large field against some decent competition, and ended up with a 16 second PB, so it seems churlish to be negative about it. I wasn't overtaken by anyone, so I guess even though I was fading, I wasn't fading as much as those around me. A good thing I suppose is that there is a lot more where that came from - I think my 10k split in the C2s was about 20 seconds better.... hopefully in two weeks at Rotto the body will be a little more interested in running a race.

3:24/3:34/3:35/3:40/3:37/3:41/3:43/3:44/3:45/3:35 = 36:17

Results are here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems you have done well off the base you established at the end of 08 and beginning of 09. Are you planning on returning to higher mileage training in the summer?

Biscuitman said...

Congrats on the PB. 36.17 was around what I was hoping to run if it wasn't too windy so its a shame I'm crocked at the moment. Hopefully I'll still be at Rottnest to see you break that PB again.

Clown said...

Another pb, well done and a podium finish to boot

This training of yours is reaping great rewards,keep it up.

trailblazer777 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trailblazer777 said...

Well done on the 36.17 PB!
Seems the sky is the limit at the moment, keep the momentum going, and it surely has to keep going somewhere good.
Sweet to get on the podium too! All the best in the races ahead.