Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intervals etc.

Tuesday night I went to the WAMC intervals session run by JK, and it was a good one ; 1k ; 2:30SR;500mx2 w/90sec recovery;1k w/2:30SR ; 500mx2 w/90sec SR; 1km. A few of the tri boys were out there which was handy because they pushed the pace a bit. I pushed pretty hard but not to the vomit level. Conditions were pretty good ; cool but a little windy.

3:12; 89; 89; 3:09 ; 89, 89 ; 3:12

Wednesday morning ran a 6km recovery w/Sas and Eldon ; 4:37 pace HR140 Ca83 646bpk. Nice conditions but starting to feel the warmth in the sun ; there was a nice breeze to keep things cool. I felt pretty good today - it was nice to be running under blue skies again.

Thursday went for a slightly longer one with Sas ; 13.92km @4:37 pace - did the E.Perth Maylands Garrett Rd Belmont loop (map) in slightly warmer conditions still - around 22 degrees but in blazing sunshine it felt a lot warmer. Very nice in the shade, but in the sun with a following wind, it felt warm. I wore a long sleeve shirt, partly to protect myself from those nasty UV rays, but partly to try to acclimatise to the warmer weather we are about to head into. I felt great today, no real fatigue and didn't really notice the hills too much, but Sas was suffering a little and I'm sure my cheerful jibber-jabber was very annoying . Left the house in a hurry so I forgot my HR belt but I know it was low. Lovely run.

Looking forward to Rotto ; no run tomorrow ; it's a bit much with the travelling, but I'll do an island run on Saturday. I've never run the whole island before (although Rotto 2006 was my first 10k and 2007 my 2nd marathon, where I was passed by Phil Webb on the last hill ; a moment I will never forget, not least for the flak that I still cop from the hills running group...) and this is a great opportunity to do it. It's 21-24km depending on how you do it, so shouldn't leave me too flat for Sunday. I know it's not textbook preparation but Sunday isn't key for me, and I couldn't feel any worse than I felt at the Freo 10k two weeks ago.... at worst its going to be my tempo run for the week, at best I'll win another pair of sunnies ;-)

Good running to everyone competing this weekend, PB's all around please in the perfect conditions that have been forecast, especially to Biscuitman, Kate S and Claire W who have all put in a bucketload of effort for this one.

2 comments:

Clown said...

Impressive efforts with the Intervals.

Good luck in the 10k on Sunday, hopefully another pb on the way.

trailblazer777 said...

well done! All the best at the Rats nest!