Monday, November 2, 2009

Easy runs

Saturday morning at 6am, I ran in a small group of 4 up to Mundaring and back, the same run as last week. Pace was a bit hotter, appx 45minutes up and 41 down to average 19.2km @ 4:28 HR154 200m ascent 688bpk. Felt pretty good on this ; cheated again and took a gel at halfway, mainly so that I could recover well - it's a tough week ahead and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Sunday I ran the local river loop accompanied by Kim on the bike. Turned into a bit of a progression run, trying to run off all the sugary/fatty crap that I had at the Halloween party the night before ; also I felt pretty average at the start but loosened up nicely and felt good at the end. Temperature was better than last week, 24°C 18%RH, but it was windy (ESE35/44). Ended up being 8.5km @4:22 HR 150

Monday morning (cool 11°65%, E26/32) ran the King's Park loop with Sas - 8.5km @ 4:32 HR143 100m ascent 649bpk. Legs felt really stiff and unresponsive, but the HR was OK ; just a hangover from the weekend I guess. I'm glad I wasn't trying to do a tempo today - plowing up the Law Walk in to the easterly was a challenge.

Tuesday, another easy run around the Perth bridges ; 9.59km @ 4:42 HR142 667bpk ; a bit breezy this morning but a pleasant run nonetheless. Bumped into Biscuitman, still struggling a bit with the knee. Hang in there mate, it will improve in time, I know its extremely frustrating when one's body doesn't play along... I want to see you out there cracking big PBs too. I need someone to draft for a change...

Looking forward to the week ahead ; I'm only going to go 95% effort in the Coolnight Classic on Wednesday to save something for the track 10k on Friday night that I'm really looking forward to. A great opportunity to post a good time and race against some good runners.

No comments: