Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Intervals

Nice and hot for intervals, although it felt cool in the westerly, I just overheated when I finished - I guess my radiator blew. Had a few 'tummy' issues today and felt quite nauseous on the last two reps so held back a little so as not to end up disgracing myself. Probably a good thing as I have the 5k at Coker Park on Thursday evening which I'd like to do well at. 5x800m tonight with 2:30 SR ; word was that the track was a little long ; some Garmin's reported 900m which I seriously doubt- more like 830m. Anyhow, the splits were nice and consistent : 2:40/2:37/2:37/2:37/2:38.

Nice recovery run with Sas on a cooler Wednesday morning, although the sun was quite warm. 6k @ 4:34 HR146 Ca83 668 bpk. Easy run, nice company, nice coffee. Life is good...

Looking forward to busting a nut on Thursday evening in the 5k at Coker Park. Its part of the MAWA patrons trophy so there'll be a few people there. Hopefully the wind will be less than it has been for the last few weeks. Haven't raced a 5k for a while, so it should be interesting ; 1500m for warmup.

No comments: