Monday, November 23, 2009

Hills and Gallops

Friday did a nice 6k recovery @4:49 pace HR 136 ; I find these really work for me - not too long but long enough to get the blood through the legs.

Saturday again we were up the the hills ; found another victim to come with us up Darlington Rd, through the Park, up Oxley/Hedges Rd to Brooking road, up to the Shiraz tap and then hammer down the trail for a healthy 21.6km @4:30 pace, HR 149 670bpk - theres 362m ascent on this one with some biggish hills so IMHO a better run than all up and then all down like the heritage trail. Felt good on this one, and did some drills afterwards on  the oval, copping some strange looks from the cricketers...

Sunday I did the Masters 'Garvey Gallop' 10k run at tempo pace, 37:20, HR 171 Ca88 640bpk. Wasn't really able to get a decent warmup in due to timing, but went out easy and then cruised along. It started to warm up and the wind was more than a breeze, but I enjoyed this one. Mike Mezzatesta was racing this, and I let him go - he was flying though. I wasn't really tempted to race because of all the racing I've done recently, and just wanted the tempo effort. Not sure it was quite 10k either.

Monday did a nice little progression run in King's Park with Sas, 9.54km @ 4:27 HR 151, easy down the hill and pushed up the Law walk hills and then added a little extra. Felt fairly good on this one despite the rather odd  pools of hot air we were running through. KP is always a beautiful place to run though...

4 comments:

Sandgroper73 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandgroper73 said...

Hye Sugar,

You coming to Coker on Thursday? I am planning the 5k

DC64 said...

I'll be there ... hopefully not too windy for a change. 5k for me, 1500 for warmup.

Sandgroper73 said...

See you then