Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Intervals

Did a nice run in King's Park on Monday morning, still feeling a little fatigued but HR was very good - 9.36 @4:35 HR 140 640bpk. It was a very nice morning for running, the thick smoke haze producing visibility down to about 2k notwithstanding. The air was surprisingly good. We took the easy option of going up Forrest Dr, rather than the Law walk today.

I was feeling a bit iffy again for intervals and it sort of came home to roost in the session, which was 1k ; 2 min SR ; 1k; 4min SR ; 6x400 w/75sec SR the last three being a bit quicker than the first. I don't know if it was just fatigue or something I ate, but I had to take a 'comfort' stop after the second 1k and the third 400, and didn't actually finish the session for the first time ever - I bailed on the last 400m, seeing as by then I'd lost my group and the times were slowing, and I was feeling worse and worse! This was sort of a repeat of last week, but a bit worse. Ah well, I don't think my running will come to a shuddering halt if I have a bad session....

Wednesday morning for a change we ran from Zamia Cafe in King's Park, a nice little 8k loop down to Nedlands thru UWA and back (map). Lovely weather - 17° 50% SSE24/32 - 8.17km at 4:32 HR141 639bpk. Probably a fluke of the terrain/wind combination but I seem to get some excellent running economies the day after a hard session (see Monday, after the biggest weekend since Boston ). It was sunny and pleasantly warm, and I always love the coffee and chinwag on the grass lawns of Zamia cafe. We are so lucky to have this! It seems a well kept secret because it's never that crowded, which is strange seeing as it's in Perth's best known tourist attraction!

Blog-wise, I loved this story .... Kid's Stuff

No comments: