Monday, December 28, 2009

Long time, no blog ....

It's been a while since my last post...

Tuesday I did a fairly half-hearted intervals session ; just rolled through the 1200/1000/800/600 session in 4:04/3:20/2:36/1:57 ; it was pretty warm and humid but I actually felt much better when finished - it seemed to flush some my bad mojo out of the system.

Wednesday did a short recovery 6km @4:34 HR143 652bpk. Thursday, did the standard Mends St Perth bridges 9.59km @ 4:36 HR145 667 bpk. Christmas day we went down to City Beach to do a group ru but ended up going really short because Sas had a mystery eye problem which meant she spent the first 4 hours of Christmas Day at Fremantle Hospital. Thankfully it seems OK now....

Boxing day, Parlouf time... really didn't feel like doing this, but I loved it once I got running. This year I managed to pace myself better and did nearly 5 873m circuits all around 2:48, and I felt really strong at the end. My runner really pushed herself, but I think suffered from having quite short breaks ; it's a bit tough when you're killing yourself for nearly four and a half minutes and your bastard relay partner reappears in less than 3....

On Sunday we went up to Darlinton and ran a touch over 22km on a slightly different route ; up the trail then up to Glen Forrest and along Park Rd to the trail on the Hovea Falls side, up to Brooking Rd, up there to the Shiraz and down the trail (map). 22.1km at 4:38 HR 152 704bpk. Felt pretty good on this for the first 15k but the quads and hip flexors were a little sore by the end, probably from the Parlouf the day before.

Monday did a much shorter 6.66km up at King's Park @4:38 HR145 673bpk. I definitely felt a bit stiff and sore today - from the hard running on the weekend but also from the frolicking through the surf at Leighton Beach with Zoe the dog yesterday afternoon. Felt Ok by the end of the run though.

I've been feeling a bit more sprightly this week, and haven't felt the crushing need for afternoon naps every day - go the Vitamin D!!

Massage today and a rest day tomorrow, followed by a shorty on Wednesday and a nice 4k at the club on New Years Eve.

No comments: