Saturday, April 17, 2010

Long run

Solo run from Mundaring to Chidlow and back, 26.02km @ 4:29 pace, HR 146. Beautiful conditions with a nice cool breeze and sun behind thin high clouds for 75% of the run; it did get warm when the cloud cover disappeared. I felt good today and fatigue only really started to hit in the climb from Mt Helena back to Mundaring. Took an Orange Roctane Gu during my brief pause at Chidlow - I seem to have found another flavour that I like! It obviously agreed with me because I covered the lap back to Mt Helena almost 5 minutes quicker than the way out! Not sure that the Elixirs are good for long runs, I started to feel pebbles through the sole as the run went on. Good run today though, very happy with how I felt during and afterwards. Really didn't feel like I'd run for two hours once I'd driven back down to the Darlington bakery to meet up with everyone else, and apparently I didn't look like it either.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

The "low level flying" prediction from the Scribe was clearly very correct!
Way to go!