Thursday, May 21, 2009

150 days to go...


.. and a month since Boston. Went for a 7.3 km run in King's park following a similar route to Monday. Can't say it went any better (see pic. on right). Definitely still landing almost on tip-toe on the left side. I can feel when going uphill that there is no real power in the left leg at all which is obviously a bit of a problem. Still, we averaged 4:38 pace while not really trying to go any faster - Sas' HR is coming down nicely, I'm still winning (higher) by 10 beats. I'm not really surprised - I really scraped the barrel in the marathon - I don't think I've ever been that depleted in my life ; I must have been out of my mind.

Next run (Sunday?) I'll try taking an anti-inflammatory to see if it makes any difference. Being saintly pharmaceutical-wise isn't really getting me anywhere and it could help.

No comments: