Monday, May 18, 2009

Another day, another hobble...

Went for a 7.5 km run in King's Park today with Sas. Both of us were struggling a bit, but I would say that, for me anyway, today's was marginally better than the run 5 days ago. The pace was slower - just over 5 min pace, but the average HR was 154 - at least getting close to the right zone. The pain was still there( although today it seems more concentrated in the left glutes and not so much in the adductors ) and I'm still struggling to plant the left foot properly, so I'm still mincing a bit. However I'd have to say it was an improvement and gives me some hope that things are at last getting better, and I may yet be able to do the relay on Perth marathon day. I had planned to do the 10k in Elleker, but I think that's a non-starter at this point, which is disappointing.

I am enjoying the bike though and managed about 170k in the 4 days from Thursday to Sunday. I will take it down south over the Elleker weekend though and get some decent riding in...

4 comments:

CharisK said...

I do enjoy your mincing though :)

Clown said...

Good efforts re the bike riding, must be very frustrating for you at present. Hope to see you out there soon.

Cheers

2feet said...

We might be seeing a transition to Ironman?

Biscuitman said...

Stick with it. Although it must be frustrating, I think your patience will pay off and you'll come good soon.