Friday, May 8, 2009

First run

Wow. Horrible.  Sore left inner groin and left glute from the start - I made it to 3.5k before it started getting painful in the left inner quad when I decided to stop flogging the dead horse. 4:50 pace, average HR 155. Walked about 10 minutes and then trudged the last 700m up the hill back home at my new marathon pace ;-)  Didn't expect much I suppose so I shouldn't be too despondent. I'll try again in a few days - hopefully this will have kickstarted something. It can only get better....

2 comments:

Clown said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Just keep at it with the bike, I know it's not the same but at least it will give you your exercise fix.

Hope to hear in the next few days you've had a nice easy run with hardly any pain.

Cheers

Biscuitman said...

Stick with it - you'll be back giving me something to chase in no time :-)