Monday, July 13, 2009

Bike and tempo

Sunday it was a beaut day and I hadn't been on my bike for a while, so went down the freeway path and back for about 57km @ 31.5km/h, HR 140. Had some troubles with my contacts and a couple of sections where I got very uncomfortable on the seat, but apart from that it was a good ride.

Monday lunchtime I went up to KP with Kim who was meeting T for a gentle jog on the Wally Cairns course. I decided to do a loop of the park with a bit of tempo in there. Pushed pretty hard through the 29 minutes of tempo (7.37km @3:52, HR 179 Ca 86). The course from NextG carpark to the top of Fraser down the Law Walk to Poole Ave and up the Western Perimeter back up the hill to the NextG carpark. It was a tough run, especially after the glute killing weekend and I felt stuffed at the end but was happy with the pace. No hills for months and then two tough hills workouts in three days - tomorrow's intervals with SG at the new stadium is going to be interesting...

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

Looking forward to hearing about the new stadium.

If possible, can you find out if change and shower facilities are available for people using the track in the morning?

I would need to go straight to work after a session there (have a few track sessions later in my program).