Thursday, July 2, 2009

Coker Park 3000m : 10:06.7

Perfect conditions again tonight and I had a pretty good run. Sandgroper was there for some company and ran pretty well too. Never quite hit the consistent 80 second laps that were required.

Lap splits: 39, 82, 80, 82, 81, 82, 82, 78

Beat the McMillan prediction by 4 seconds based on last week's 5k, so that's (a little) progress. It's 8 seconds off my PB, but that was run in much tougher conditions but I guess with a bit more chasing/being chased. Next week there's a 1km and a 4km, so I may try both. While a little disappointed I also know that that's being silly, because three weeks ago would have paid anything to have been in this position...

Update - my new spikes arrived this morning :

3 comments:

Clown said...

Another great effort, you're running really well. All the best on Sunday in your relay.

Epi said...

That's great work coming off the injury - looks good for the second half of the year!

Biscuitman said...

top run - looking forward to seeing you fly on Sunday.

(Do those new shoes glow in the dark? :-)