Saturday, July 11, 2009

First long run

21.56km @4:39 HR 156 Ca83 362m ascent 9°C 84% S7/11. Beautiful morning up in Darlington - fresh, clear and no wind. This is my first 20k+ run since Boston. Ran from Darlington up to the western entrance John Forest NP (which is a 1.5km 6.7% climb) then through the park on the road back up to HardyRd (1.5km, 5.7% climb) to east on Strettle Rd (1.7km 4.4% climb), until I hit the trail and then back down to Darlington (map). There were some good hills on this one and I felt my recent lack of hill running today. I felt pretty stuffed by the end. In the park a came across a lot of roos and even a couple of the cutest wallabies. Sunrise was magificent through the mist and the trees and the views were spectacular. This is the first time in that I've run in the hills in years without Sas and it was hard not to feel that something was missing - somehow the perfection of the surroundings made that feeling worse. Hopefully she'll be running again before long...

4 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Did you run on your own or join in with one of the groups?

trailblazer777 said...

its wonderful up there gotta get up there again soon myself.

DC64 said...

There weren't too many out there so this was solo non-stop effort. Shame really. I'll be doing it again next week....

Clown said...

Great news, things are well and truly looking up for you. Great efforts in your time trails during the week