Thursday, July 16, 2009

Windy City

14.14km @ 4:18 HR 166 Ca85 15°C 58% W30/50. After a rest day yesterday (I had slightly sore calves from wearing the spikes, and work got in the way as well), ran the 'big' bridges loop (Mends St to the Windan, back to the Narrows on the Perth side) in somewhat blustery conditions. Felt a slight niggle in the right quad on Tuesday (trying to catch SG in the last 200 as he disappeared into the distance) and it's still a little niggly today. Quads felt tired, stiff and unresponsive at first today... but as I got into the run they felt better and pushing back into the wind wasn't too bad - my HR went up but my legs felt pretty strong and I didn't drop the pace too much. Happy with the effort. Rest day again tomorrow and then off to the hills on Saturday.

Edit: Most hilarious 'news' story of the day from the Daily Mail :

Blobbie Fowler still hungry for goals


Fowler has battled hip and groin injuries since touching down in Australia but appears to have no problems in finding the fridge.

Wow, the British press don't pull their punches... looking forward to seeing Australia humiliating England at the home of cricket over the next few days. Edit: humiliation, yes, but the wrong side...

2 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Harsh but fair. He wouldn't have looked out of place on Sunday Amateurs Masters team. Suspect he might turn out to be the worst English import since Brian Deane.

DC64 said...

I noticed your comment about the pies :-) I suspect the Blobbie nickname might stick... I just about snorted my tea thru my nose when I saw the headline....