Thursday, August 13, 2009

Coker Park 3000m

3000m HR179 Ca91 15°C 91% WNW36/39. More of a training run than a TT tonight - I wanted a solid hitout before the 5k on Sunday. I was tempted to pike out but Biscuitman was coming and the title of his previous post ( "There is no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." ) meant that I simply had to front up. The weather turned out not to be too bad, although the finish line was moved clockwise 100m so the lap scorers could stand under the shelter of the clubhouse! (actually I think they made the race a little long - not convinced it finished in the right spot - not that this is the olympics or anything....)

Biscuitman sat on my shoulder for about 5 laps but I think his lack of speedwork showed and the sound of his footfalls faded away a bit. This will be an excellent workout for him though and I suspect he'll do a great time at C2S in a couple of weeks (not to mention the scary time he's going to do at Rotto). I think I lost my focus when he dropped back and I put in a couple of soft laps - pushing into the wind on the home bend was getting harder though and my legs were definitely getting tired. I didn't want to kill myself so just pushed it up a bit in the final lap and finished with a respectable time. This has given me confidence that I could maintain (close to) this pace for the 5k on Sunday if the weather is kind).

Splits were :

36.3 79.5 80.6 80.9 80.8 82.0 82.9 78.8 = 10:01.8 (km splits 3:16.4 3:22.7 3:22.7)



All up about 8k tonight.

No comments: