Monday, August 10, 2009

Steamy, soggy tempo

10km @ 3:51 HR178 686bpK Ca87 19°C 80%. Mapped out a 10km hilly tempo (map)in the Sticky Beaks/Saw Avenue region of King's Park so when Kim went for her lunchtime steam at NextGen I could run. Did a decent warmup about 12 minutes before I headed into it. I hadn't been going long before a downpour had me completely waterlogged and heavy footed. That aside, it was pretty pleasant although the air became very steamy when the sun made brief appearances. I probably worked this one a little hard, but it's good to have a good thrash session occasionally. I did want to keep the pace up and attack the hills, and with the extra few kilos of water in my clothes and shoes the old ticker had to do a little extra. It was lovely in the park and there are definitely signs of spring around the corner with the wildflowers starting to come up. Let just hope the park authority can clear the mess they are making around the reservoir at some point.... all up 14km today.

Massage yesterday was good and didn't really find any sore spots except the Tib Post attachment under the arch of both feet ; yeow! Calf issues on Saturday thankfully turned out to be a false alarm. Sometimes cramp is just cramp...

PS: Congratulations to my younger brother who ran the 14km City To Surf in Sydney in 56:50 off a couple of months training and not having run for years. Hopefully the start of something ...

1 comment:

CharisK said...

maybe time for a brothers marathon ... :)