Saturday, August 8, 2009

Darlington Long Run

23.76km @ 4:31 HR160 Ca83 11°C ESE9/13. Tough run today from Darlington down to Midland, back up to John Forrest NP along Park Rd and down to Darlington (map). Didn't feel quite right today although that feeling came and went, fatigue probably. HR was high for the effort although this is a tough old run which is pretty much uphill from Midland until you get to the top of Park Road 10km ( and 250m of climbing later) then theres a short respite on Park Rd until you climb again for another 2.5km and then cross the GE highway and commence the short descent into Darlington. Left calf started to feel very tight a few k's from the end but is OK now. Have a massage booked for tomorrow and I may take the soft option and cancel my tempo for Monday unless I'm jumping put of my skin to do it.

3 comments:

Clown said...

Hope the calf is ok.

Great work on another pb well done.

Biscuitman said...

I'm guessing you won't be running long next Saturday with Joondalup on Sunday?

Hope the weather clears a little for Thursday evening.

DC64 said...

Yep, no long run for me Saturday (maybe a gentle 30 minutes); and I will probably try to run the 3k on Thursday it in around 10 minutes ( my goal 5k pace ); hopefully the weather (and body) will cooperate. Bring your racing flats!