Saturday, August 1, 2009

Darlington Long Run

24.27km @ 4:38 HR151 Ca83, 350m of ascent. Ran solo on a frigid and wind free morning - beautiful conditions but very cold on south facing hills. Ran the same loop I did with SG a couple of weeks ago but added 3k or so by running from the Shiraz tap up to Coppin Rd and back down the trail from there (map). Felt pretty good but fatigued toward the end - not surprising considering I run these non-stop, non-Gel. I didn't feel as tired as I felt last week after a similar but not as hilly . This is quite a hilly loop (see below) but a great leg-strength builder. Next week I'll take it easier by going down to Midland up to JF and then back start of this run.

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

sorry I missed what sounds like a very nice run. Must have been stunning with the sunlight coming through the trees as the sun came up.