Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Light Intervals

Had a day off yesterday which was the first day off for two weeks. This morning I headed to the track to do some 1km reps at 12k pace with 90 second rest just to tune up for the weekend. It was a beautiful, crisp sunny morning without any wind at all, and the intervals were a pleasure to do. By the time I'd done the fifth I was tempted to do some more because I was still feeling pretty good, but held off, think there wouldn't be any real benefit for Sunday. Average HR for these was in the mid 160's, cadence 90/91. A good workout, I almost feel like I cheated myself, because I'm not even vaguely smashed like I am usually.

Splits:   3:39   3:36   3:37   3:37    3:36

When I got home I ran Zoe (the dog) to the park walked around the park a bit and ran her home again. Quite a good recovery session really, although she has a fair turn of pace when she gets excited!

No comments: