Monday, August 3, 2009

King's Park Tempo Run

8.45 km @ 3:54 HR 170 Ca 87 Ascent 87m 5°C 99% E7/9. I think I have been overdoing it with the tempo runs given what I am trying to achieve at the moment, so decided to do the standard 8.45km King's Park loop today - it takes about 33 minutes which is hopefully enough (I'll prob push to 40 minutes next week). It's fairly rolling course so good for leg strength. It was very cold this morning so it took a couple of k's to get into it. I need to warm up for longer than 6 minutes obviously - I was going to but the path I was going to go down was unexpectedly closed (it was open Friday!), so I just cut the warmup. Really got into it and felt good racing up the perimeter path at a decent clip and felt strong going up the hills. Coffee with Kim's crew afterwards at NextG. All up ~11km - I don't feel as exhausted as I usually do after the tempo which bodes well for intervals tomorrow.

No comments: