Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Intervals

As SG is out of town I headed to JK's interval session on the grass at Alderbury Park. Did a 20 minute warmup and the prerequisite light drills before hitting the session which was a fairly tough one by JK's standards. It was three sets of 1200m with 1 minute SR and then a 'fast' 400 with a three minute break between sets. Did a half loop of the reserve as a cooldown.

Splits:

3:51 (3:13 pace), 73
3:54 (3:15 pace), 72
3:55 (3:16 pace), 70

Happy with the session, some of the laps were really wide as the track was fairly congested ; at times I was out to about lane 6! The first 1200 was OK but it got interesting after that... all up about 12k. This session has made me think I might try to gun for about 9:45 for the 3k on Thursday if conditions are good... had a chat with JK afterwards which convinced me to get back to the one-legged squats and glute exercises which saw me through my injury ; he also thought that the tempo run at current levels is enough...

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

nice session!!! Hope to come visit that group again sometime soon.