Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brüno

Had a nice run this morning on home turf - 9.8km at an average of 4:28 pace. It was more of a progression or build run and was quite enjoyable except for the alarming HR (172!). I was chopping along quite nicely breathing pretty easily and the HR was already in the 160's - the disconnect was such that I almost blame technical malfunction. To be honest I did get a little tired at the end but I was doing around 3:45 up a hill... I get a new HRmax though - 193! Felt a little nauseous once finished, a little like after a tough rep at intervals... a good run though, and once again there were times when i forgot about the sore glutes.

Cycled up to Challenge to see my trusty physio who duly obliged me by sticking some large needles into my glutes. The consensus seems to be that I'm getting over this thing now and my visits will be less frequent from now on.

Cycled back (of course), and as I was leaving I got stuck behind a bus with Brüno's waxed and shapely arse in my face for a little too long - queasy for the second time today... it's just not right...

Follow this link if you don't know what I'm on about..... Brüno movie poster

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Good to hear you are running again at a good pace. PB higher HR hey, stick with it and before you know it these dark moments will be forgotten, as you approach the emotional,physical, and mental mountaintops again...Have to laugh at the blog/song title. It sure feels that way, will we see "the road to the MCG"....later on?