Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lake Monger 10K

Yes - an entry about running! I ran the Lake Monger 10K today - it was beautiful conditions for it and there was a pretty decent turnout. I just wanted to go comfortably today and not feel any pain so in that respect it was mission accomplished. I was averaging around 3:58 for the first 6k and picked it up a bit on the last lap - 4k in 15:12 - 3:48 pace)- I finished in 39:06 which I was very happy with. I had a guy drafting me the whole way and he tried to take me with about 500m to go - sorry, that's just rude, blue Sports Fever 2xu shirted man (and don't try to shove past in the finishing chute either !)....


Some more pictures : Lake Monger 10K Album

6 comments:

CharisK said...

Obviously 2XU man was a visitor - clearly some people have no idea how to behave in a race. It's wonderful to see you running well again - and wasn't that photographer talented ;)

Biscuitman said...

Congrats on getting thru the race unscathed at such a good pace. Does this mean we are back on for the Perth Marathon Relay? I have another possible team member for one leg.

DC64 said...

We could do it - I'm pretty sure Sas won't be ready and I'm not sure if I'll be 100%, but I should be OK to muddle through (on) one leg. We'll need to find a 4th - Sandgroper may be interested... I would need to do one of the early legs (#2 or 3 maybe), I need to support K in the latter stages of her marathon.

Biscuitman said...

I think I'm up to running two legs if we can't find a fourth team member. 1st and 2nd would be best but could do 1st and 3rd.

Biscuitman said...

On second thoughts, probably better to run the two consecutive legs (makes more sense physically and logistically)

trailblazer777 said...

great race back!