Saturday, June 13, 2009

Free(way) ride

Did a nice long ride this morning in pretty frigid conditions. This time I was better prepared with my running gloves and Under-Armour Coldgear base layer, last used while skiing in -20°C conditions. I was concerned I would overheat - I needn't have worried.... I do need to work something out for my feet though ; I lost feeling in my toes after about 20 minutes and only got it back while eating breakfast three hours later.

Cycled from home south on the freeway bike path to Mundijong Rd (33km) - a brief pause for a Choccie Gel, and then returned back up the path to meet Kim and the gang at Zamia's Cafe in King's Park for a total of just over 78km at an average of 30.5km/h, average HR 143 - 2:36 of effort. I really enjoyed this - I was leery of using the freeway path, but once I got past Leach Highway it was plain sailing on a very good quality track. It also didn't feel like it was next to the freeway - it's quite well sheltered from it. It's also a nice rolling course so not too boring for the legs - map.

Followed up with a nice breakfast and coffee or two at Zamia. Lovely way to spend a morning. Now I just need my training partner back....

No comments: