Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A run and a ride...

Yesterday I obviously had a lot of nervous energy, because I wasn't planning to run, but really felt the urge so went out for a mid-morning run on my home bridges loop ; my legs felt OK and the HR was acceptable for the slow pace ; 7.8km @ 4:55 and average HR was 147. Took a couple of shortcuts but made up for it by doing some quick steps up the stairs, and introduction to some of the fast feet drills I plan to introduce shortly when my legs are 100%.

Today went out for a 43km bike ride with 3 loops of King's Park (up May Dr, down Forrest) thrown in for the hard stuff; just shy of 90 minutes with an average HR of 145. My quads are now feeling a little wobbly! Enjoyed it though, and managed a decent pace - for the time being, these are my interval sessions - mostly managed to avoid getting rained on as well, which is a plus...

Hope to do an easy 10K tomorrow and a 5k at the track on Thursday night if my legs are OK.



No comments: