Monday, June 15, 2009

Two days, two runs

On Sunday Kim & co had a stretch session in East Perth, and, not being overly tempted, I set off on a short easy run to the Causeway, over the Windan and back for 6.92km at 4:43, HR 158. HR was high and I felt a little fatigued from the previous day's bike session but, in an encouraging sign, for a few brief periods (and I mean brief) I actually forgot about the glute niggle.

Monday morning Kim was meeting the crew at NextGeneration in King's Park so I tagged along and did a nice run through the park with a bit of fartlek thrown in when I felt good. 9k at 4:29, HR 161. The whole hip area (both sides) was feeling a little niggly so I'm going to take a day or two off to let the body recover. It's been a fairly big few days - three runs and a relatively hard bike ride but I am starting to feel a little more normal, less pained and have had a couple of good-ish runs in the last two weeks.

Things seem at last to be heading in the right direction.

No comments: