Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Not so great today

Tried running again today after only a day's rest. Did not feel great today, a bit sore and tired and unenthusiastic - still I ran just shy of 8k in 35:14 at 4:26 at an average HR of 166. The injury, whatever it is does, seem a little up and down - I went for physio again today and got some new exercises and some needles. Felt pretty sore for the rest of the day. Also saw Darren at Peak Podiatry - it looks like I'm using my whole upper back to compensate for the bung leg - I suspect this is a temporary arrangement rather than a habit I have got into. Booked a massage at Ascend for Friday after the last one with KD was cancelled due to his shoulder injury - may he get well soon.

May not run again until the 10K at Lake Monger this Sunday and do it as a tempo effort - see if I can run it in 40 minutes. I'll start with that aim and see how it goes. I'm not running that often that I can't try to make every session a 'quality' effort ... I'll get on the bike again for a couple of decent rides in the days to come.

I've had a fab couple of days trying to resurrect my PC after it got infected with a virus and the software used to repair it screwed it up so badly that I had to do a complete reinstall of the OS.

No comments: