Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Easy run

10.1km @4:30 pace, HR 164 Ca85. Went out to try to beat the wild weather and was successful this time. It was cool, a little windy and a little drizzly, but perfectly adequate conditions. Tried to maintain an easy 4:40 pace but the legs wanted to go faster - I think all the cycling has increased my cadence, which is great, but it makes it hard to run slower without feeling like I'm plodding (I tried!). The good news is my glutes felt pretty OK today and I didn't feel them for most of the run. I really felt my quads today, the after-effects of yesterday's hammer session on the bike. I had some really good stretches when I felt like I was gliding along. This injury has been good for my running form because I'm really trying to concentrate on it.

In other news, looks like the Perth Marathon Relay is on with Biscuitman, Sandgroper, myself and 'Pete' doing the four legs. Biscuitboys is the team name ; 'Sweet Danger Biscuits' and 'Sugar Biscuit Gropers' were rejected.... probably just as well.

No comments: