Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dodging Raindrops

After a rest day Friday I went for a shortened 'long' ride today (45k - 1.5 hrs) up to King's Park and a few laps and then on to meet Kim & crew at Cobalt in East Perth. I was so concerned about watching the radar and picking my route that I only realised I had forgotten my helmet by the time I'd closed the garage door and there was nothing I could do about it. I was really self concious about it, and I'm sure I was getting disapproving looks from everyone I went past. The good news is that I managed to stay Upright, fairly dry and had a fun ride. Saw Biscuitman out there with (another) Simon clipping along very nicely, and felt obliged to give them a bit of a hurry-up. The coffee stop at Cobalt was rudely interrupted by a meter-man coupled with the realisation that the 1 hour parking time had been used up....

Sunday I went with Kim to meet her crew to do their last long run. I did the 15km loop (4:38 pace 160HR) from Marina Dr. in Ascot taking in the Garret Rd and Windan Bridges (map). This was the longest run since Boston. Felt fairly comfortable although the HR is still high and had to force myself to slow down to more like long run pace. The niggling glute subsided after a few k's and I was able to run pretty smothly, except that going up hills, the left side still feels under-powered. Finished strongly as I saw a dark mass of rain closing in and I didn't really feel like getting soaked.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent ride and 15k run...!
All the best with getting the injury sorted out.
Great read about Boston trip in the WAMC newsletter too...