Friday, June 19, 2009

Something new under the sun...

It's often said that there's nothing new under the sun ; I happened across this link on the SMH homepage - have a look. It's a re-touched time-lapse video of the Botany Bay container terminal at work, which doesn't sound all that exciting, but it's quite beautiful and fascinating, and it kept my attention for the whole 3:23... looks great in fullscreen.


Back to running, I decided until the wind reached it's peak before setting out for a 12.2km Attadale run. The Melville Water wind reading was average WSW54, gusting to 83km/h which made parts of it quite interesting. At times I found it a little hard to breathe as the crosswind almost sucked the air out of my lungs and occasionally I was being lifted off my feet and felt like I wasn't moving forward at all! The river was pretty wild with waves crashing against the bank and under the Pt. Majestic boardwalk, and across the water I could see the spray from said waves showering the cars on the freeway. I love being out in this!

The headwind in a few sections work made my glutes etc. work pretty hard, and they were a little uncomfortable, but once I turned around it was a lot easier, and I got into a good stride and felt like I was, for the first time in a very long time, gliding along rather than working the clumpy stride that I've been doing of late. All in all, very happy with it and managed some good fartlek. Average pace 4:33, HR 163.

1 comment:

CharisK said...

I told you pre-dawn was best, but would you listen ... ;)