Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Elleker HM Trip

Went down south for a few days to support Kim and others in the Elleker half marathon. Managed to get a good bike ride and run in while down there. Did a 66km bike ride from Hallowell Springs where we stayed on Friday up and around the Scotsdale tourist drive to the Bibbulmun Cafe (34km) where I met Kim for a jumbo coffee and a muffin before heading off to our accomodation in Torbay which was another 32km. It was a pretty tough ride and I averaged about 28km/h and the HR average was 145 the whole thing. Route is here.

On the Sunday I went down to Elleker to support Kim, Claire, Jo, Kate, and quite a few WAMC members. Kim had a good run and clocked a 2 minute PB, Jo went very well with a 1:35:20 running her first half for 16 years! Claire had a good run too (she only ran London marathon 5 weeks ago) and Kate clocked a big PB as well. A very successful day in all.

On Monday a tried going out for a run on my standard cup of green tea and a Voltaren Rapid 25. The HR was a lot better and I actually managed about 3.5km of tempo ! I felt pretty good in that part of it - I knew I'd pay for it later whether I went faster or not, so gave it a go. Best run I've had for nearly two months. Hopefully this is the start of a new chapter....

2 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Good news all round - when will you run next?

Sandgroper73 said...

hey matey, drop me a line if you want to catch up for a run