Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Good run today..

Rode up to Mends St this morning to meet Sandgroper for a 10.43 km trot around the bridges - around 4:43 pace, HR 166 (!). Forgot to take my anti-inflamatory which is probably a good thing, because although I was a little tender to start it seemed to settle down after a few k's. Going downhill was still a little 'mincey' but going around right handers is now a lot easier. The good company made the run go fairly quickly (including news of SG's coach going 7:48 in the Gold Coast 100km - 3rd fastest all-time Australian woman, missing the record by 8 minutes - not a bad debut), although it still seemed a long way. It's funny because it wasn't that long a go that I wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than 10k! When finished we did a bit of a stretch and then I rode home. It was a good warmup and cooldown I reckon, and because I'm running so little, I figure adding something to these sessions isn't a bad thing. My HR was high on the run but I certainly didn't feel too bad at all, so it was a little surprising.

No comments: