Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Early bird

K was doing her early (5:30am) 40 min session so I decided at the last minute to go out and run the Perth bridges (all the while thinking 'why aren't I still in bed'?). Ran it fairly hard at almost tempo level (9.59km @ 4:16 pace HR 168 Ca86). It was very nice on the Perth side but a little hard running back into the wind on the S Perth side into the 'air treadmill' so I just tried to keep an even effort with a spurt for the last k. With 700m to go I saw K & K a few 100m ahead doing their cooldown so bust a nut to try to catch them. I was happy that the HR wasn't through the roof today and the legs felt fairly good. Was having a stretch at the Mends St gazebo when I saw Biscuitman out for his run and he stopped for a quick chat before continuing on to UWA ; must have been fun in the 'breeze' - the way back would have been alright though..

Easy run tomorrow then 3000m at Coker Park on Thursday. Don't think I'm in 10 minute shape yet but I'll give it a crack...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mate your flying...I am hoping to catch your draft on thursday at least for the first lap, when I start to drop off

SG