Thursday, March 25, 2010

Carboshotz Ads ; easy run ; Coker Park

The subject of  people who get into sports because it enables them to buy loads of new status symbol toys came up on the weekend - that brought to mind a series of ads Carboshotz did a few years ago ; hilarious to me then, and hilarious to me now. Here's the series of three.

  

Running-wise, today Sas & I did the 12km East Perth loop through Maylands, around Tranby and back on a cool-ish and fairly humid morning. 4:39 pace HR138 20° 83% S13/19. Felt good, surprised by the low HR. Yesterday I tried a return to the Anlene milk for my daily Sustagen Sport and felt decidedly iffy for the rest of the day. Sorry, back to full cream Pura for me. That's why I gave the Anlene up a few years ago.

Thursday evening did an interval session at Coker Park Masters meeting. Did the 300m, 600m and 2000m in fairly quick succession. 0:45 for the 300m, 1:42 for the 600m and 6:22 for the 2000m, eating Michael Mezzatesta's dust most of the evening. He's doing the 5k on Sunday, & he's going to smoke it! Felt fairly good this evening considering my 7-day total from Friday to today is 107km!

Looking forward to a lighter week next week to strengthen up for the Nationals.

3 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

all the best with the Nationals! Ive been a big fan of that Sustagen stuff too for a few decades.

14.6 for the 100m on thursday for me, so Ive lost about 2 seconds since I was a teenager, but I wish you had been in the same 300m heat, would have been a good race, with me doing 47 again. Although I struggled with thigh soreness throughout the 300m this time.

Those carboshotz ads are interesting. The first one Brad reminds me of Mundine the boxer. I'd actually like to beat everyone who runs with a Garmin maybe hahaha. fat chance of that happening though.

My old coach was aracing there on Thursday too, we had a good chat about the good old days.

trailblazer777 said...

I reckon maybe theres a bit of Todd in me, I'm highly likely to have a cycle computer worth more than my bike, or buy a bike worth more than my car, but its more about functionality than symbolism.
cool ads. The Nationals is going to be interesting. probably a lot of people were tuning up for them on Thursday, I would have done the 2k, but took too long to change from spikes to shoes.

DC64 said...

Good racing in the 100m TB, I reckon you'd go quicker once you get a few under your belt.... all the best for the nationals, and bridges tomorrow?