Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Intervals

Tuesday morning I did another recovery 6km @ 4:45 HR135 on a lovely cool morning. Gee, the conditions have been beautiful for running at the moment!

In the evening I went up to Mends Street to do a sharpening session to get myself ready for the weekend. The loop from Mends and over/under/over/under the Narrows back to Mends is exactly 4km so makes a good warmup. We measured a ~ 200m section of path ; the grass was just too busy with frolickers to use as a track. The session was to do 10 x 200's at 800m pace with a 1 minute recovery. Nothing too much. The session went well, I felt strong and was averaging just over 33 seconds for what turned out to be about 208m. Then I did the same cooldown, this time going under/over/under/over ; I felt so good on this, ended up doing a bit more than cooldown pace.

The full moon rising up over the city was a magnificent sight - it really is a beautiful place we live in...

No comments: