Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recovery and massage

Did a couple of recovery runs on Monday with a sports massage in the afternoon. 7.92km @4:51 HR 136; nice cool conditions, felt OK but a little fatigued (naturally) but not too bad. I’ve felt worse after races…

Sports massage was just what I needed, although there were only a few sore spots and nothing too drastic. The legs seem to be in pretty good shape. In the evening I thought it might be an idea to do a shakeout effort to flush the muscles of any crap dislodged by the massage. Legs felt slightly wobbly on quite a warm evening, but it was a good thing to do. 6km @ 4:50 HR 135.

Debated back and forth this morning as to whether I was overdoing it by doing another recovery this morning, and I decided in the end I'd feel better for it, and that 30 minutes of easy running isn't much more than a warmup I'd do for an 800m race anyway. 6km @ 4:45 HR 135.




Some more photos added to Mona Camp album, courtesy of The Running Centre, who's athletes BTW had a great weekend at Bridges and the Point Walter Duathlon.

No comments: