Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Magic

Well, it's been a while but today was a perfect day for running! I started about 7:30 by which time the temperature had crept up to a miserly 7 degrees. The air was crisp and the sun was out. Not used to these conditions I was hesitant to head out the door, but once I did, it was beautiful. I was expecting to feel cold, but not a bit of it, it was magic. Nothing like running through the tree lined tracks and waterways of Denmark on a fresh and sunny autumn morning.  I was running a relatively hilly route from the house along the trail by Ocean Beach Rd down to the dog exercise area where Kim was taking Zoe.

I was thinking 'easy, easy', but it was so nice out and I felt great so ended up turning it into a bit of a progression run, just enjoying the feeling of flying along (in my mind anyway!) relatively comfortably and taking it as it came. 10.86km @ 4:17 HR 151. These runs only come along once in a while, and I was making the most of it!

To cap a great morning Kim had brought along some coffee money so I stopped in at Bibulmun Cafe on the way home for my standard quad shot jumbo latte. Went home and had brekky on the sunny verandah. Mmm..... it just doesn't get any better than this.

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

Hey! Some of us are at work :-(
Don't rub it in ;-)