Thursday, March 18, 2010

Coker 1500m

Pretty good conditions at the track - 24° and a little wind, but about as good as it gets in summer. Did a decent warmup and caught up with Bjorn back from the Word Indoor Masters where he was a little disappointed, but I think his hammy was hanging on by a thread, so he did very well considering. Also caught up with Michael Mezzatesta who had a great result at Darlington pulling off a massive PB (1:18:xx) and being pipped by Liam Fuery at the end by a few seconds. Great time on a tough course!

TB was there and in true fashion took off at the start with a very impressive turn of speed ; I truly wish he would try a 100m or 200m, I'd love to see what he can do. I was going to suggest it but couldn't find him after the 1500m.  I hit the 300m at 49.4 as TB graciously moved out to let me through. Disappointingly my laps slipped a bit, but still did OK - 73 / 76 / 74 to finish in 4:32.9 by my watch. 800m split was about 2:21. Happy with that as a solo training run - I think I'm starting to get back some of the form that I had October/November last year - not before time.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Good run! 4 seconds off the PB is up there! I made it about 47 secs for my split which is about 8 secs faster than Ive gone in many years. First time Ive pulled on spikes for awhile though. I'll try a 200 or a 100 sometime soon. Hope you land another PB soon. Probably will come easier if you have someone else to run with who is fit enough to go all the way unlike me. Excellent solo effort given you won by about 30 seconds or more. Bjorn is a legend too. I think this Masters thing is a winner.